These days, almost everyone uses social networks, and there are so many out there. Some are dedicated to friends and family (Facebook), some for growing our business networks (Linkedin), some for sharing Images (instagram).
But there’s no social network specifically designed for a community of people who value sharing recommendations, getting or giving advice about anything they’re interested in , either with everyone on the network or privately with closer contacts.
Rekit is being created to change that. Get Notified when we launch.
Recommendations are a big part of our everyday lives. When we look for referrals, or when we need a good service or great experience, places to see, soemthing to buy, where to eat out, who do we ask? Our peers, our friends and those who share our interests. In fact 92% of us use recommendations when making decisions.
So why a social network? Because, yes, there are places where you can find recommendations about one category or another – hotels or books, movies or restaurants – but you’re not a category, you’re a person. You’re all kinds of interests. Where can you find recommendations about all of them – and about the things you might become interested in? Not just movies, but pets. Not just restaurants, but hiking. Where does it all come together? And where do you find like-minded people who want to hear what you’ve got to say and tell you, in return, what they think? About anything you’re interested in, any recommendation you happen to need.
- Get recommendations exactly when you need them – ask your closest friends or the whole Rekit community
- Share a recommendation about a great restaurant or maybe a new laptop that’s just too good to keep to yourself
- See what other Rekiteers are saying, get inspired, get to know the people who share your interests, and follow the ones who give the best advice
- Help other people when you know the answers to their questions
- Create collections so you’ve always got the best recommendation at your fingertips … Fitness, Mum’s Presents Ideas, Books to read… Save recommendations from all over the web or create your own Rekits to add to your collections
Over the past few months, as we’ve prepared the Rekit app for launch in early 2018, we’ve listened and learned what people really value. Community and friends are at the core of the Rekit experience. We’ve built it so that Rekiteers feel comfortable and safe when sharing information with other Rekiteers and their friends.
Rekit app will be available on Play Store and App Store and will only be available for the London region to begin with.
On behalf of the Rekit team, we’re proud to invite you to join the list and look forward to letting you know when Rekit App launches.